7 Tips for Travelling With Kids
Taking a family vacation can be an exciting yet truly daunting experience for parents. However, a little foresight and adequate planning can go a long way in ensuring that everyone gets the most out of the family vacation. To assist with your planning, Crane Concierge has compiled 7 Helpful Tips for Travelling with Kids:
Planning the trip
1. Check the validity of your kids’ passports: Parents often forget that children’s passports are typically only valid for 5 years. Check the validity dates and ensure that they are good for at least 3 months after the date of your arrival home.
2. Make a travel day list: The day has finally arrived – it’s time to go to the airport! Having a comprehensive list of things to double (and triple check) can be a life saver when you’re scrambling to get everyone out of the door at the same time. Avoid a ‘Home Alone’ situation and include items on your list like sweaters for the plane, money for the taxi and of course, all of the kids!
At airport and on the plane
3. Walk around: While you’re in the departure hall, don’t sit still – walk around. Your kids will have to sit still for the entire duration of the flight, so now is the time for them to burn that youthful energy.
4. Visit the restroom: Be sure everyone has an opportunity to go the bathroom before take-off. You’d be surprised at how quickly ‘I don’t need to’ turns into ‘I need to go now!’ Another tip is to watch and limit their fluid intake – your fellow travellers will thank you for this.
5. Keep them entertained: IPads and other such devices are indispensable when travelling with kids. There’s not much else to do on the plane so keep them entertained with their favourite TV shows, music and games. Be sure to also have crayons, colouring books and small toys readily available in your bag for use as needed.
When you arrive
6. Beat jet lag: Travelling takes a toll on everyone but none more so than the kids. Stay up late the first night – the kids will be so amped up from their day of travel you can take a long walk and explore your new surroundings.
7. Ask your hotel concierge for suggestions: Hotel concierges are often chockfull of helpful suggestions on specific destination activities for families. Find out if your hotel offers any organised activities for children or for the entire family.
The luxurious Crane Resort in Barbados is the perfect choice for a truly exciting family vacation featuring spacious accommodation, multiple swimming pools, an exciting Kid’s Club and of course, the world-famous Crane Beach. For more information on useful tips and tricks to make travelling with kids easier, contact email@example.com.